The Central Florida Chapter of the National Black MBA Association, Inc. (the Chapter) is proud to announce its 2017 Scholarship Program. The Program will consist of two scholarships: the Central Florida NBMBAA Business Scholarship and the Central Florida NBMBAA Leaders of Tomorrow (LOT) Alumni Scholarship. These scholarships will make ten thousand dollars ($10,000) available to qualified minority students. The application guidelines are listed below:
CFL NBMBAA LOT Alumni Scholarship Requirements (up to five $1,000 scholarships)
To be eligible, applicant must be a minority student currently enrolled in a four (4) year accredited college or university. Applicants must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5/4.0 at the time of award (Fall 2017). Applicants must have been a member of the Central Florida Chapter of NBMBAA Leaders of Tomorrow (LOT) program for one (1) year or more while in high school. Applicants should demonstrate record of community service. Applicants should be willing to function in a mentorship role to current LOT students.
Applicants must submit:
- A completed online application
- An official high school transcript (first time college students) or an official cumulativecollege transcript through the semester of application
- A video essay presentation
- A 300-500 word personal biography
- A headshot
- A URL link to a 100% completed LinkedIn resume
- Two (2) or more recommendations via LinkedIn on professional results and/orcommunity service impact
- Complete: Online application
- Upload: Official transcript, video essay presentation and headshot
- Supply: URL link to LinkedIn 100% completed resume with two (2) or morerecommendations via LinkedIn on professional results and/or community service impact
A completed packet of information must be submitted no later than Sunday, September 23, 2017 at 12:00 midnight EST. Winners will be notified in the Fall of 2017 and expected to attend the Central Florida Chapter of the National Black MBA Association, Inc. Scholarship Awards Ceremony on November 14, 2017.
Retrieve Scholarship Application here
We invite you to take advantage of this scholarship opportunity. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, check out exclusive scholarships here offered to NBMBAA members through the NBMBAA® Collegiate Partnership Program.
Larry G. Bonner, Scholarship Committee Chair
Central Florida Chapter of the National Black MBA Association, Inc.